Monday, September 3, 2012

Accountability

Not like the serious kind where you have to do something major to slowly better yourself and report to another person doing the same.  But the kind where my sister posts on her blog and then makes me do it, too.

So.  I'm on the wrong computer to put pictures on here right now and I'm insanely tired, so this wont be long.  But I will give a little list of ideas I have going to write about.

First.  Tomorrow is Kindergarten Orientation with Danica.  She's nervous because she has no idea what it will be like.  I'm more nervous for Thursday- the first fay of school.  But I'm also glad that she is actually using words to tell me about her feelings. I would like to say 'instead of just acting out and throwing tantrums' but they are still happening.  But using words is progress.  I am freaking out about sending my baby girl to school.  After a little experiment with Alex a few years ago, I had a VERY clear signs that we were not meant to home school ever (and it was because we couldn't afford preschool but also lived in a town with the worst public schools I could imagine living near).  So I am totally at peace with idea of sending my kids to school in general.  But.  I do not love them growing up and I am never ready for major milestones.  Especially school.
So.  Hopefully around Thursday I will finally have pictures of my midgets to post.  And then how the first day went.  Kindergarten and second grade! Ahhhh!!

Second.  Sometime in the near future I want to do a real post for each kid.  I had great plans to do one for their birthdays, but it's hard to blog in the summer.  The first half, I spent any evening I could out in the garden weeding, etc.  And then when it started getting darker again, I was just doing other things I guess. I don't even know.  But.  (Third)  my goal is to post more while it's cool out.  Because I can get more things done during the day if I don't always need to be outside.  And not that I'm always doing things outside, but I just want us to be outside as much as we can when the weather is cooperating.

Fourth. The posts I have in my head (besides the ones about the kids) are about the not-so-normal things I do.  How many people do you know that don't use their dryers?  I know one other.  How I make my own [insert hygiene/cleaning product here].  Thanks to Pinterest, I've actually used a few real recipes for meals.  So I could probably share some of those.  I'm not a 'foodie' but I do LOVE food.  And I can cook.. though it's not always amazing.  Also- I'm going to start canning.  Which I've never done before but want to do lots of.  So that will be an adventure that will definitely need to be recorded.

Fifth.  In order to be able to go to MOPs this year, I had to agree on a To-Do list of projects that need to be done (and are doable by myself).  Which is slightly annoying, yes, but at the same time, I'm glad to have the motivation to get things done that I would normally not be motivated to do- no matter how badly I know they need to be done.  So.  There will be some before and afters of those things.  I'm a terrible housekeeper, so it's hard to get past just what needs to be done sometimes.  But I'm determined to be productive this school year!

Sixth.  I know this is all new and I don't know how many people will read it.  And very few people know how things really go around here, but I would love to have a random question to answer at least sometimes.  So.  If you think of anything you would like to know- ask!  in the comments or on Facebook and I'll do my best to answer.  Because that is always fun. 

Well that was longer than I thought.  Lucky you! 

2 comments:

  1. I already feel more motivated to continue updating mine :)
    Also, after tonight's conversation, I think you should at some point make a list of things that you never thought you would ever be an expert on (and if not expert, at least know more than you ever cared to know about the subject)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Well I missed the conversation, and so sadly this doesn't motivate me to update my blog, although I should. BUT BUT! I have big plans for my blog in 2013, so stay tuned. I am going to rope in into it whether you like it or not. :)

    ReplyDelete